This is one recipe that is requested for me to make here time and time again. It is easy, hearty, very filling, and OH. SO. GOOD! Did I mention easy?
Note: If you are using pre-cooked meatballs, sauce, and bread this recipe will only take about 20 minutes to make. If you are making everything from scratch, it will take you upwards of 2 hours to make this meal.
- Preheat oven to 425
- Cut out the top of the bread by cutting in slightly to form a V shape. Remove the center strip of freshly cut bread
- Place meatballs in the cutout section of the bread
- Next, add sauce to the top of the meatballs
- Top with freshly shredded cheese
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the sub is warmed all the way through (about 15-20 minutes).