Super easy and soooo good! This recipe never makes it into my pint jars or my freezer. I usually would wait to post a recipe until I have all the pics. However, after 3 years of trying to get a finished pic of this recipe, I have given up. It is like my family has a radar for this soup. This recipe can be used as a stand-alone soup or in casseroles. Add broccoli and you have Cream of cheddar and broccoli soup.
Cream Of Cheddar Soup
- About 6 cups of beef stock
- 1 quart of cream
- Cheddar cheese (I used about .75 lbs of white cheddar)
- Onion or shallot (diced)
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup of flour
- Salt and pepper
- Add the garlic, onion, stock to a soup pot
- Simmer on med heat.
- Shred the cheese and set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk the cream and flour until smooth.
- Add the mixture to the simmering broth. Whisking constantly to avoid burning the cream.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Once it to the desired consistency you want, turn the pot off and add the cheddar cheese to the pot.
- Stir until completely melted.
Sorry, this is as close to the finished product as you will get on my blog today. Don’t worry, I will update with a finished pic soon….