While I was in Las Vegas with my Hubby and some friends, we were making dinner and decided to have some fun with breadsticks. Garlic knots were born. They are so easy to make!
- 2 1/4 tsp (one packet) Active dry yeast
- 1 cup Warm water (110 -115 degrees)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbs Oil
- 3 1/2 cups Flour (I used unbleached flour)
- Garlic powder
- Egg (whisked)
- 1 tbs Butter
- Dissolve yeast in the warm water.
- Add sugar, salt, oil to the yeast.
- Add the flour and knead until it forms a dough ball.
- Let dough rise for 30 minutes (dough will double in size)
- Punch down the dough
- Add garlic, salt, pepper, parsley, dill, and cilantro to the dough.
- Knead until herbs are completely worked in
- Divide into small sections (Mine are the size of tennis balls.)
- Roll small sections into worm-like shape
- Begin to tie the dough into a knot.
- Brush egg onto the knots.
- Bake at 425 until golden brown.
- Melt the butter and add your choice of seasonings and spices for a dipping sauce