Every fall I gather a lot of different types of pumpkins for decorating and baking. The seeds are coveted here. They are a great source manganese, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, zinc, protein, and iron plus they just taste amazing!
- Pumpkin seeds
- Favorite toppings of your choosing (We have done Cajun, cayenne pepper, brown sugar, cinnamon, sugar, sea salt, pepper)
- Rinse the seeds in a strainer under water to remove any pulp. Seeds will be slimy.
- Let any excess water drain off of the seeds after they have been cleaned but do not dry them 100%. This allows the toppings to “bake” into them.
- Place a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Add your favorite toppings.
- Bake at 325 until golden brown and fully dried.
- Store in an airtight container.