Baked ziti is an easy and inexpensive dish to make. I truly do mean easy! You can choose to make it meatless (which I did for this recipe) or get on with your meat-loving self and add a meat of your choice to the recipe. The spaghetti sauce can be as simple or as complex as you want to make it. I slow roasted peppers, onions, garlic, and tomatoes to add to my tomato starter to create my sauce. You can add anything your heart desires to it. Examples of what I have added to my sauces are bell peppers, mild – hot peppers, mushrooms, squashes, eggplant, the list is truly endless.
- Ziti Noodles
- Ricotta (I used 32 oz)
- Cheese(s) of your choice
- Spaghetti sauce (I made mine with my tomato starter recipe and slow roasted tomatoes.)
- Seasonings of your choice (I used salt, pepper, parsley, dill, cilantro, and red pepper flakes.)
- Cook noodles according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Add all ingredients except for the cheese into a large bowl or pot and mix thoroughly.
- Place the pasta mix into a casserole dish and add your cheese(s) on top.
- Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or until the cheese is slightly browned.