This is one of the most versatile pie crust recipes I have ever used. I use this crust for all my pies and even my pot pies. I LOVE this recipe because there is no need to put it in the fridge first or pre-bake it before you add the pie filling. Seriously, I have enough to do without all those extra added steps. It is also SUPER easy. This recipe makes 2 pie crusts which is awesome if you want a top layer to your pie (like a pot pie) or you are making a regular pie. It is just all kinds of YUM tasting too!
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 1/4 cups soft butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 TBS Vinegar
- 6 TBS Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- Mix everything together in the bowl until well blended and smooth.
- Place on a smooth surface. If you want to you can dust the surface with a little bit of flour. I have never had to do this personally but if you are worried about it sticking then I would recommend it.
- Roll out until it is between a 1/8 to a 1/4 inch thickness.
- I then cut it into a large circle shape, removing the edges around my circle.
- GENTLY pick up the dough and place it into the center of your pie plate.
- Once it is centered, gently push the pie crust into shape and cut off any of the excess crust along the edge.
- Fill with your choice of pie filling….
- Cook the pie at 450 degrees for 15 minutes then drop the temp down to 350 until the pie is fully cooked. If you are using the second crust as a top crust for your pie, bake until the top is a beautiful golden brown.
One Reply to “Pie Crust”