I created this recipe last year after I came across a beautiful bag of kale at a local farmer’s market. We found a recipe for garlicky greens that was anything but edible. So, I of course, created my own recipe through trial and error. Even those that swear they hate greens, LOVE this recipe. I hope you all do too.
Lemon Garlic Greens
- Kale with leaves removed from the stalks
- Collard Greens with leaves removed from the stalks
- 8 cloves of garlic peeled and sliced
- 1 Lemon
- 1 TBS Butter (You can use olive oil if you prefer, but you will need about 1/4 cup for this recipe.)
- Parmesan, Asiago (any kind you want) cheese
- Crushed red pepper (about a 1/4 tsp or to taste)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Blanch kale and collard greens for 3-4 minutes.
- While the greens are blanching, saute the garlic, butter, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper in a skillet over med heat.
- You are wanting the garlic to turn a light golden brown. About 4 minutes actually. Just enough time for the blanching.
- Add the blanched greens to the skillet and stir until the everything is beautifully mixed together. Remove from heat.
- Add your shredded Parmesan to the greens.
- Next, squeeze your lemon on. I recommend starting with 1/2 of a lemon and going from there.