So, I made the most amazing dip EVER (completely by accident) for a party. It was a dip that has people STILL talking about it and begging me for a repeat performance, 4 years later! This is one of the few times my lack of writing down recipes has bitten me in the ass, HARD! I have tried to duplicate this dip for the past 4 years….
Seriously, 4 years!
4 LONG YEARS!!
How the recipe came to be….
I was actually following a completely different recipe for a dip.
GASP! I KNOW!! ME FOLLOW A RECIPE RIGHT??
Anyway, it was H.I.D.E.O.U.S. I have no idea what happened or where I went wrong, but those that tasted it was spitting it out in anything they could find.
It was not a pretty site!
You know it is never a good thing when your guests are turning shades of green and it isn’t St Patty’s Day! Serves me right for following a recipe!
I had 2 options….
1. Throw it out and offer no dip with the awesome veggies that I had painstakingly washed, seeded, sliced, diced, etc. This option would leave the veggies to stare at everyone in protest of the ruined dip. Making me seem heartless and cruel! No one would want to eat them out of sheer pity alone.
2. Throw whatever I could find in my kitchen and pantry into the current thing that was unsuccessfully passing itself off as an edible dip while praying to my Kitchen Witch ancestors to help me create some kind of pagan magic in the kitchen.
I chose option 2 of course. Saving the dip and my reputation all in about 20 minutes! No one was quick to try the dip as I did my kitchen mojo. The end result was a taste that made you instantly worship the dip and had you begging to find other things this dip could be used for. And trust me we did! It went on sandwiches, salads, more veggies, chips, wraps, used as a dip of quesadillas. The list was endless.
I have NEVER been able to recreate the magic. Every party since I have tried to replay the dip fiasco and what I did to save it over and over in my head….always so close yet so far away.
Fast forward to this year, July 4th, to be exact. We decided to have a couple of people over. I was once again begged to make this now infamous dip. Once again, I went back over the scene in my head.
No idea where it came from or how it happened….But the Kitchen Witches were looking out for me once again. Maybe they took pity on me. All I know is that I went to the grocery store in the middle of the night to get the ingredients to make it right then and there. My 2 oldest kids went with me to make sure I was ok. I was a little too giddy at 2 AM. The following morning when the hubby woke up, I presented him with the dip and veggies of his choice and waited for his disapproving nod. Telling me I was sooooo close. Except for this time, he too was in fact giddy! I could not believe it….. I got the freaking recipe right!!!
AFTER 4 FREAKING LONG YEARS….I GOT IT RIGHT!!!!!!
OH and I wrote it down this time….
HA!! GO ME!
Cumin Curry Dip
- Add the cucumber, parsley, and chives.
- Next, add your garlic and onions,
- Time for the cream cheese to get added in and blended until completely mixed together.
- Now add the sour cream and continue to mix until blended.
- Add each of the seasonings about 1/2 tsp each (Except salt and pepper. Add a pinch in of each to start with) into the mix and blend, adding more of the seasonings until it explodes and sings to your taste buds.
Note: I personally prefer after it is in the fridge for about 24 hours. This allows all the seasonings to blend together. But you can use also it immediately.