This is a version of “Italian” bread with seasonings in it that will not actually kill me to eat. You can turn this bread into a regular loaf of bread or turn it into rolls. The possibilities are endless! For this recipe, I did turn into smaller loaves. But you do not have too.
- 4 1/2 tsp Active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 cups Water (110-115 degrees)
- 2 tsp Salt
- 4 Tbs Oil
- 7 1/4 cups Flour (I used Unbleached all-purpose)
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- Cheese (I used Parmesan cheese and Asiago Cheese)
- Garlic (Optional. You can use either fresh or dried)
- Parsley (Optional)
- Cilantro (Optional)
- Put yeast and water in a bowl and let proof for about 5 minutes.
- Add salt and oil to the water and yeast.
- Add the flour to the mix.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly and knead into a ball….
- Let it rise about 30 minutes until it is doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough.
- Add in the seasonings and cheese and mix until well blended.
- Shape into the bread size and loaf shape you want and let rise a second time (about 30 minutes).
- Take the beaten egg and gently brush it on the loaves.
- Bake in the oven at 325 until golden brown and the bread makes a slight thump sound when tapped.
One Reply to “Heavenly “Italian” Bread”